Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Even in Winter

      I Live in Cape Cod . An island off the Massachusetts coast that attracts numerous tourists every year. IN THE SUMMER . It is easy to walk then, I started walking seriously at the end of October with a friend to try and lose weight.. We had talked about starting for months. You know the story…we’ll do it tomorrow, then tomorrow would come but one of us would have an excuse.
I weighed about 330 lbs when we began. Once we started even to our surprise we walked 3 miles every morning. We leaned on each other, some days it was easy, and some were uugghh !
We walked a couple of different beaches and on the real bad weather days we would walk the mall, which I hated. By Christmas I had lost 30 lbs, and my walking partner. I kept it up by myself, but needed new places so my walking wouldn’t turn into a chore.
I started researching different places to walk. Well it turns out The Cape has many trails in each of the 15 towns that occupy it. I found The Callery-Darlng  Trail at  Grays Beach first, which features an 800 ft boardwalk that offers a unique perspective of the salt marsh it overlooks.
I started finding more trails to check out. Most of the people who I talked to had never heard of the trails. I enjoy hiking these trails and would like to share my experiences with people who live or are planning a vacation in Cape Cod.
So I decided I will write about the different Cape Cod trails, explaining the good, bad, where to find them, length etc. By the way Total Weight Loss so far 65lbs. And counting !!

No comments:

Post a Comment